A friendly look at tenses.




 WRITE


I'm writing a note now. 

I'm not writing a shopping list at the moment.


I always write something in my free time.

I write a letter to Santa once a year.

I don't write letters to friends.


She sometimes writes to her grandfather.

She doesn't write to her cousin.


I've never written a novel.

I've written quite a good poem lately.

I've just written your name on the snow. Look!


He's already written a test.

He hasn't written a short story yet.


I've been writing a formal letter since the morning.

I've written ten words so far.


I wrote a blog entry a month ago.

I didn't write a message to my boyfriend last week.


I was writing postcards all day yesterday.

I wasn't writing my essay yesterday at 5 o'clock.


While my mom was writing down her phone number, her friend called.

I couldn't meet my friend last Saturday, so I wrote to him.


After she had written that book, she became famous.

My father had been writing some lyrics before his friends came.


COOK

We cook dinner from time to time.

We're cooking dinner right now.

We've been cooking for two hours.

We've already cooked delicious soup.

But we haven't cooked potatoes yet.

We cooked a special dish for grandma's birthday last August.

We didn't cook spaghetti for dinner yesterday. 

We were cooking when the cat jumped on the table and stole the fish.

We're tired. We've been cooking all the afternoon.

We cooked dinner and then we went for a walk.

After we had cooked dinner, we invited our neighbours.

Before we finally ate dinner, we had been cooking it for a long time.


Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Irregular verbs: meet met met

Tenses in a postcard czyli czasy w pocztówce :)