Verbs are whimsical, aren't they?



Niektóre czasowniki czasem nie chcą wystąpić w niektórych czasach - i kropka. Inne czasowniki idą na kompromis: oprócz czasu Present Simple zgadzają się wystąpić w czasie Present Continuous, ale zastrzegają sobie prawo do zmiany własnego znaczenia. 
Oto one: smell, taste, look, think, have, see

- What are you doing?
- I'm smelling a rose.
- How does it smell?
- It smells wonderful.

- Are you tasting the soup?
- Yes I am.
- Does it taste good?
- No, it doesn't. It tastes a bit bitter.

- Why are you looking at her?
- I'm looking at her because she looks great.
- Do I look great, too?
- No, you don't. You don't look good in yellow.

- Do you think trees think?
- Yes, I do.
- Oh, so what is this tree thinking about?
- I don't know. Go and ask it.

- What are we having for dinner?
- We have some vegetables and some cheese in the fridge, so we're having a pizza.
- Do we have any mushrooms to add?
- No, we don't. 

- Do you see that boy?
- Yes, I do.
- I'm seeing him this afternoon.
- Oh, I see.

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

A friendly look at tenses.

Irregular verbs: put put put

Wild Geese